30’ CARBON FUN ROCKET
Sailing a AEOLOS AP30 is pure emotion. With a weight of less than 50% of an average 30' boat, 40% more sail area and 30% better ballast ratio this boat accelerates up to three times as fast ... its like changing from a tractor to a supersports car. A AP30 is a masterpiece of engineering and technology with an extraordinary design, both functional and futuristic, that elicits excitement right from the first glance. The aerodynamic efficiency is optimized by the pure design, creating an unmistakable futuristic profile. The AEOLOS P30 is the perfect boat for those who like to push the limits. For those who take sailing seriously. For those who would rather ask ‘why not?’ than ‘why?’.
The AEOLOS Performance 30“ (P30) is optimized for single and double hand sailing and works in a wide range of offshore conditions up to category A. This boat is not only a fast carbon boat, but also a concept for short handed sailing at low costs. Easy transport, launching, low maintenance and a lot more keep running cost to a minimum and you can concentrate on what makes you successful: Training and racing.
ORC optimized One Design
The boat is very well optimized under ORC handicap rule, but without compromizing performance. With the current ORC rules beeing so precize now, this boat will be long lasting fast allround design.
Due to the success and huge interest we are offering One Design rules based on the best ORC measurement for 12-14 knots of wind and short and medium distance racing.
Here are the latest news about developing and sailing the AEOLOS P30 >>
The AEOLOS Performance 30" (P30) is a long lasting fast allround hull design for a very nice price. Ideal for short and medium distance racing and typical Baltic Sea and Solent conditions - windspeeds 12-14 knots average. The CFD calculations proofed that a single rudder and a close eye on wetted surface is fast under this conditions. For long distance racing and heavy wind you may choose the double rudder option.
This boat don´t follow marketing driven design or rating trends. Sure, the rating issues is important and is very well optimized, but not on the cost of hull performance. The ORC rule become better and better, and it means producing waste if you produce a rule breaker.
- simple, reliable, light
- quick to assemble (without crane), easy to transport
- single/double hand and inshore racing with six
- CE-Norm Category B (offshore), upgrade to A with additional equipment possible (OSR Cat1)
- length: 9,14m
- width: 2,91m
- 1.55t empty but rigged boat without sails and motor
- 1,980t double hand full equipped for 3 days sailing with 160kg Crew
- ballast ratio: more than 50% (800kg)
- draft: 2,3m - 0,5m
The AEOLOS P30 is built with carbon epoxy prepreg and cured in a oven:
- ultralight and stiff
- never osmosis
- easy to repair
More information about prepreg production >>
By looking at every little detail, success grows.
We optimized the boat with several teams in following areas:
- Speed: Hull Design for 12-14 knots of wind and short and medium distance racing.
- Rating optimization: We carefully optimized for ORC without loss of real speed.
- Weight/safety: We developed a strong, reliable yacht at low weight for Cat A.
- Handling: We added a lof of handling advantages which no influence on the rating but on the speed.
- Recreation: We put our focus on recreation while sailing, especially in bad weather.
- Transport: We reduced campaign costs by easy transport and short assembling time without need of a crane.
- Production: The price for the basic boat is incredible for a full carbon rocket ... ask for the sales docs.
- Sales & Service: We care about our customers and strive for a long and good relationship.